Hello, and welcome to my blog!
I knew that my first post just had to be one of my very favorite recipes featuring one of my very favorite foods. I’m always running around looking for tasty figs, in various forms depending on the season. Luckly, dried figs are usually pretty easy to find.
The best thing about these fig bars is that you can easily change them up if you want to try different flavors, or if you have different ingredients on hand. Sometimes I use walnuts, but the recipe below is my favorite mix. Enjoy!
- 15-20 dried Turkish figs
- 10-15 pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dried currants
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract (or regular)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- De-stem figs and roughly chop.
- Check that your dates have no pits. Then, simply add all ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender (I use my Vitamix).
- Once you reach your desired consistency, shape into bars or balls.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Also, if you haven’t yet, please follow along with me on Instagram (link at bottom of page).
2 thoughts on “Fig Bars”
These look so yummy Kalin!!!
Oh thank you so much! These are my very favorite thing to make, so of course they had to be my first post. Thanks for checking me out even though I’m super basic right now! ❤