If you are looking for a super easy pasta dish that features a lot of garlic flavor, then look no more. Maybe if you’re cooking at home for a first date, stay away from garlic, but if you’re hanging solo, with friends or simply like to enjoy delicious food with your partner, why not go for it?
I also really love the shape of this pasta. How fun is this for Valentine’s Day? I think this recipe would probably be best with a spaghetti noodle, but you could use any noodle you like. I even saw some pasta shaped like dinosaurs — maybe I’ll grab those for next time.
- 4 oz pasta of choice (half of a typical box)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 a lemon (optional)
- Prepare your pasta (do not rinse)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan on low-medium heat. Add in 2-3 minced garlic cloves and let cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn. Add in a handful of diced mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Turn off heat. Add in cooked pasta and combine well with the oil and mushrooms.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon if desired.