The best things in life are simple if you ask me. If you have never tried hummus on your pasta, here is a simple recipe (or really, more like an idea) to get you started. I have experimented using homemade hummus and various brands of hummus, but by far my favorite to use is Hope Foods Original Hummus. It just has a slight tang to it and is such a nice texture for combining with tomato sauce.
If you give it a try, do let me know. I haven’t met anyone yet who hasn’t loved this simple pasta idea. It has definitely become my go-to when I’m craving a simple creamy pasta dish but am short on time.
- 8 oz box of pasta
- 1/2 cup Hope Foods Original Hummus
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 3 tbsp chopped basil or parsley (optional)
- freshly-ground black pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat pasta sauce on stove and stir in hummus.
- Combine pasta and sauce together, adding in tomatoes, basil or parsley if you’d like.