I don’t think I could ever get tired pasta or tahini, so combining the two of them is just a match made in heaven. This sauce is so easy to make and comes together so fast — in under 15 minutes!
One thing to note is that not all tahinis are created equal. I would recommend using a brand that is really creamy and smooth, as opposed to one that is much thicker. It will make all the difference in the texture of your sauce. I would recommend using Soom tahini, which you can find in many places, including Amazon. I have also included it in my Amazon shop in the Supplements and Pantry section.
If you aren’t planning to eat all of the tahini pasta at once, I would definitely plan on only adding the sauce to the pasta right before serving. This won’t reheat super well (not to say it’s not still good!) and won’t be nearly as creamy as when the sauce is warmed up with fresh pasta. If you don’t mix the sauce with the pasta, you can store it in the fridge for a few days and heat it up when you’d like.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened plant milk (oat is my preferred choice)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1-2 finely minced garlic cloves)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small handful chopped parsley
- 8 oz uncooked pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Boil the pasta.
- While pasta is boiling, mix the tahini, plant milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 a cup of water.
- Add pasta and sauce to the skillet, adding up to 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water as needed. Once coated and creamy, add chopped parsley or any other veggies you’d like.